Maintaining Your Focus vs A Constant Barrage of Distractions!
Maintaining focus in the face of distractions can be a very difficult task.
There is so much information & constant attempts to capture your attention, especially in today’s world of ever-present technology.
With so many distractions vying for our attention, it’s no wonder that everyone finds it difficult to stay focused – it is a real & serious challenge.
So much of a challenge that here at Creating Edge we devoted a whole course to it!!
There are some simple strategies that you can adopt to help you stay on track.
- Set Clear Goals – Identify what you’re trying to achieve and break it down into smaller, more manageable tasks. Having a clear vision of your goal will help you stay focused, motivated & less prone to distractions.
- Limit Your Access to Distractions – Turn off notifications on your phone, turn it off even, close unnecessary tabs on your computer & close your laptops or screen save your screen. If your surroundings cause distractions – move!
- Take Breaks – Give yourself a few minutes to rest & reset before returning to your work. During your break, you can get up and move around, stretch, or do something else that will help you refocus when you come back – don’t go to technology!
- Prioritize Tasks – Work on the most important & urgent tasks first. This will help you stay focused & ensure that you don’t get distracted by less important tasks.
- Stay Organized – Ensure all of your tasks, projects are organized & that you have a system in place to track your progress.
Staying focused and avoiding distractions can be a difficult task – we 100% understand. These 5 strategies can help you stay focused to get things done. Equally we have 300+ tips & actions you can adopt directly in our smartphone course – you can access here! Creating Edge Distractions Course
Before you get started here are some more tips to consider!
15 more tips to maintain focus vs distractions
- Create a productive workspace.
- Eliminate clutter from your workspace.
- Turn off notifications on your phone and computer.
- Exercise regularly.
- Practice mindfulness and meditation.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Listen to music that helps you focus.
- Get enough sleep.
- Choose the right time of day for you to work.
- Learn how to say “no”.
- Take short “power naps”.
- Avoid multitasking.
- Set Timers.
- Get rid of distractions like social media.
- Take time to reflect on how you’re doing.
Don’t delay – get started today!
#creatingedge #teamculture #performance #people #skills #leadership #culture #distractions