Who Is Sleeping With Their Smartphone?
It’s clear smartphone addiction has gone too far when writing headlines like this – but it’s a reality! Addiction has gone too far!
In today’s constantly connected world, it’s too easy to get caught up endlessly scrolling on your smartphone – social media, emails, texts, sports news, daily events – even when it’s time to sleep.
What seems like a good idea at the time is having negative impacts on relationships, sleep patterns & overall well-being – we want to show you why there should be no smartphones in any bedroom.
According to a recent study by the National Sleep Foundation, 95% of Americans use some sort of electronic device in the hour before bed, & nearly 3/4 of those individuals report that their device affects their sleep quality.
The blue light emitted from smartphones, tablets, and computers can suppress melatonin production, the hormone that regulates the body’s sleep-wake cycle, making it harder to fall asleep and stay asleep.
This can lead to a host of sleep-related issues, such as insomnia, fatigue, and daytime drowsiness, which can negatively impact your productivity and overall well-being.
Moreover, having A smartphone in the bedroom can also impact your relationships where nearly 1/3 of smartphone owners say they have slept with their phone next to their bed because they wanted to make sure they didn’t miss any calls, texts, or other updates.
The constant notifications & messages can be a distraction that make it harder to relax & wind down before bed, leading to a poor quality of sleep.
Instead of spending quality time with a partner, people are spending the time with their smartphone.
Develop a healthy relationship with technology, set some boundaries, and don’t take your smartphone into your bedroom.
Establish a routine, by turning off your phone & other screens an hour or two before bedtime.
Instead of using your smartphone as an alarm clock, use a traditional alarm clock or a vibrating smartwatch.
Disconnect from your phone and focus on other things that are important to you, such as your relationships, your health & your well-being
Top reasons why you shouldn’t be sleeping with your smartphone!
- You won’t be able to relax and fall asleep.
- You’ll be tempted to stay up late scrolling and checking social media.
- You’ll be distracted from spending quality time with your partner.
- You’ll be exposed to the blue light from the screen, which can disrupt your sleep cycle.
- You’ll be too preoccupied with checking messages, emails, and notifications.
- You won’t be able to get away from work-related stress and worries.
- You’ll be more likely to be awake longer, which can cause fatigue and exhaustion.
- Your smartphone can be a source of unwanted distractions during sleep.
- You won’t be able to fully turn off your mind and relax.
- You’ll be tempted to stay awake longer, which can lead to sleep deprivation.
Creating Edge’s smartphone course is packed with options to consider when managing smartphone addiction – you can find everything here : Creating Edge Smartphone Course
#creatingedge #teamculture #performance #people #skills #leadership #culture